Sunday, July 28, 2013

Pasta a la Checca


     Pasta a la Checca is the simplest, most delicious pasta I have ever made! It is light, refreshing, colorful, and perfect for the summer. I discovered this recipe on BenjiManTV's vlog, and thought it wouldn't be flavorful since there are so few ingredients. Also, I'm not a fan of mint leaves, and I thought the basil would make the pasta taste very minty.

     I was completely surprised by the way this pasta turned out, and I absolutely love using basil now. I was at the local farmer's market this morning and picked up some fresh ingredients along with ciabatta bread, so I toasted some for a little crunch on the side. Give this recipe a try! I guarantee you will love it just as much as I do!

     This picture sums up basically everything you'll need for this recipe.


  • 2 cups cherry tomatos, or 1 large tomato
  • 3 garlic cloves, crushed
  • 1 cup fresh basil leaves
  • 1 cup fresh mozzarella
  • 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • Linguine pasta, or any king you like
  • Salt and Pepper
  • Toasted ciabatta bread (optional)
     To begin, dice up the tomatoes and basil and crush the garlic cloves. Add this to a large plastic mixing bowl along with extra virgin olive oil. Allow this to marinate in the refrigerator 2-8 hours.


     When you're ready to serve, boil the pasta and begin toasting the ciabatta bread slices for about 15 minutes on 400 F. After the pasta is al dente, add the mozzarella, salt, and pepper, toss together and serve with the toasted bread! 

No comments:

Post a Comment