Friday, July 26, 2013

A Simple Raspberry Cake


     I woke up early on this gloomy morning because I was so excited about making this cake, and partly because I wanted to finish it before my soon-to-be-husband came home early from work. We needed to be out the door as soon as he got home, since we were about to embark on a three-hour long road trip to visit our parents, and I wanted to share this cake with them :)

     I have the biggest sweet tooth so, naturally, my first blog post is a cake recipe. This is a simple cake I found on epicurious, and it is super easy to make. I doubled the ingredients because I was using a bigger baking dish and planned on sharing with family. Adding the berries (raspberries are my favorite) is what really transforms this recipe into a delectable masterpiece.


  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 1/3 cups sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 2 cups raspberries, or any other berry would be delicious

     Begin by preheating the oven to 375 F and preparing the dry ingredients. Mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and set it off to the side.


   
     Next, combine the wet ingredients in a deep mixing bowl. Whisk together the softened butter, sugar, vanilla extract, buttermilk, and eggs; adding one at a time.





     Once the wet ingredients have been mixed, slowly begin to incorporate the dry ingredients and thoroughly combine. Butter a baking dish, and add the batter. Sprinkle the raspberries on top and bake for 30-45 minutes.


 






     Voila! This is what the finished product looks like. The combination of the raspberries, which sank to the middle, and the buttermilk make this cake moist and flavorful.

     I hope you give this a try! I guarantee you will impress friends and family :)

     Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment